We don't decorate for Halloween, except for a banner with pictures of past Halloweens. I love looking at their precious costumes.
Life is full right now:
- End-of-season basketball games last Saturday. Phillip's team won one and lost one. Some tears shed, lessons learned. The team continues to develop. Great kids and coaches!
- Maya continues her saga of injuries. This time her knee. Physical Therapy a few times a week. Ice. Heat. Pain medication. Love. Support. Repeat.
- Leo or "Uncle Leo" came from Virginia for a work congress and was able to have dinner with us. It was great catching up on our families! We've known each other for nearly twenty (!) years, and hadn't seen each other for eleven! Kids loved spending time with him.
- I started a new regimen of medications for headaches, and added Magnesium as a supplement. It's been working so far. I am excited.
- Bruce's knee is almost healed and he's back to work.
- We finally found some free time to have a birthday party for Phillip. Probably the last big one, as he'll be a teenager next year.
And.... how can it be almost November already? This time it is true: I'll keep the festivities (and the gift-buying, and the stress) to a minimum this time around.
I am looking forward to a meaningful season.
And, on another completely different topic, I am loving my backyard plants these days.